Beneficial Shade Trees For Your Home in Kansas City
If you would like help choosing the perfect shade trees for your landscape, the professionals at Rosehill Farms are always happy to assist you. Opposed to ornamental trees, shade trees are going to grow much larger, many of which will reach heights of 40 feet or greater. Shade trees will also shed their foliage annually during the autumn months. Several common types of shades trees include the maple, birch, willow or sycamore tree. However, there are many more to choose from. Some benefits to shade trees in your yard are:
- Increase property value to your land.
- Trees placed strategically around a single-family home can cut summer AC costs dramatically.
- Help control erosion on hillsides and slopes, slow rain runoff and soil movement.
- Shade trees slow the water evaporation from thirsty lawns.
- Trees will shade patios, sidewalks, driveways, cool the concrete along with the entire yard and neighborhood.
Remember to call Chip Hansen at our farm at 816 506-1289 to make an appointment if you are interested in looking at the vast amount of varieties and quantities of trees on our farm. Our homegrown plants are used to Kansas City’s soil and climate, so they’ll thrive in your yard.
Top Shade Trees for your Midwest Lawn
Planting shade trees is certainly a long-term investment, and if chosen wisely, will provide a lifetime of added beauty to your lawn. When selecting your trees, some factors to keep in mind include the type of soil you have, is there enough space for when the trees mature and whether it is cold-hardy in your region. Some trees to consider are: