There is nothing sweeter than savoring fresh strawberries from the garden in the warm summer months ahead.
If you enjoy the delicious flavor strawberries add to your summer gatherings, now is the time to plant your berries so they will be ready for you to enjoy when the weather warms up.
- Buy disease-resistant plants so you can minimize any potential problems.
- Make sure to give your plants plenty of space to grow. Remember, strawberries like to spread out and need plenty of room to grow.
- Make sure to dig your planting holes deep enough for the plants to grow. Make sure the crown is right at the surface and that the entire root system is covered.
- Check your drainage. Raised beds are ideal for strawberries and make it easier to keep moisture levels stable throughout the season.
- Rotate your strawberry patch. Never plant strawberries in the same place twice as you want to make sure the soil has adequate nutrient levels to support them.
Don’t forget that our garden center in Kansas City offers plenty of tips throughout the year via our stupendous newsletter. Sign up today to receive it and give your green thumb a boost this growing season.