There is nothing quite as delectable as the fragrances, which rise from ahealthy and happy herb garden.
This spring, plant the following herbsin your garden for a fragrant summer your nose will always remember.
- Parsley – You can plant parsley a week after the last frost. It’s a hearty herb that does well in full sunlight or partial shade alike.
- Chervil – This delicious herb is full of delicate flavors reminiscent of anise and will add plenty of flavor to your dishes. It’s a finicky plant that prefers shade to sunlight.
- Chives – Making dip this summer? You’ll need plenty of chives to add an overtone of onion and garlic to your creations. This herb does well in full sun or partial shade.
- Mint – Everyone likes a little mint in their summer lemonade. It also makes a great addition to teas, and who can forgo a nice Mojito when the temperature rises?
- Most herbs have insect repellent qualities, so incorporate them into your patio or porch pots mixed with flowering annuals to deter mosquitoes. Basil especially takes the itching out of mosquito bites when rubbed directly onto the skin.
We invite you to drop by our garden center in Kansas City, consult our Plant Care Guide, or send us a message with your herb related questions. The Rosehill Gardens team will be happy to assist you as you get your gardens up and growing this season.