Are you an avid gardener and searching for the perfect material for your retaining walls? Our experts at Rosehill Gardens have a tremendous amount of knowledge on how to style beautiful yet functional gardens, and we’ve compiled some of their tips for your convenience.
- Concrete blocks can create curves, but can only be used for wall shorter than four feet.
- Stone veneer can work for many different styles, but it requires professional design.
- Poured concrete is stronger than a block wall and offers a lot of variety in design, but it may crack and requires a lot of skill to set up and maintain.
- Brick is very durable, but also very labor-intensive.
- Wood is simple to install, but may rot and doesn’t last as long as other materials.
- Dry stone/boulder is a natural solution, but it does not control water flow well; water build-up inside the wall significantly decreases its durability. Gabion is a natural solution that doesn’t require skilled labor, but rusted wire baskets are one of the rare downside of this type of wall.
For the best quality, after learning about which material suits your garden’s needs best, hire an expert to design and install your retaining walls. Rosehill Gardens’ experts have over 100 years of company experience behind them, and can provide a variety of style and material types, and design the walls, perfect for your garden.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information on retaining walls in Kansas City, and we will help make your garden perfect.