For 100 years, we’ve been beautifying landscaping in Kansas City with native plants that help to harmonize and flourish with the environment.
Native prairie includes varieties of shrubs, trees, flowering vines, and wildflowers in an enormous array of shapes, textures, and colors. They all have different seasonal displays, with something lovely and of interest appearing all year. Trees and shrubs develop autumn colors while their berries can last into the winter. In spring and summer, native perennials become the magnets for insects, birds, and butterflies.
Landscaping with native plants has additional virtues:
- Fuel and transportation costs are minimal when plants are grown locally.
- Native plants are low maintenance, needing little watering, except during their initial establishment or in droughts.
- Densely planted local vegetation resists most weeds.
- No chemical fertilizers or pesticides are required for natives to prosper.
- Indigenous species need no acclimatization and will enjoy good longevity.
- Native plants stay in perfect scale with your landscape design.
Missouri flora and fauna is a lot more than just beautiful flowering dogwood in the spring! Our garden center has Kansas City’s largest array of native plants. Contact us or call 888-219-4086 with questions about incorporating them into your own landscaping.