Maintaining a beautifully landscaped lawn and property can be seen as a challenge to some homeowners because of the labor involved with keeping your grass, shrubs, trees, and lawn accessories carefully cultivated throughout the year.
With the appropriate selection of greenery, however, and a strategy for maintaining your landscape, it can be an activity that you thoroughly enjoy.
If you are looking for new ideas for your fall landscaping plan, here are several benefits of landscaping with evergreens this year.
- Evergreens add a lush contrast to the bright spray of fall colors we usually see. Bright reds, yellows, and oranges stand out even more against a deep green background.
- Because they do not shed their leaves, evergreens are excellent for adding privacy to your home when placed strategically in front of windows and doors.
- Evergreen shrubs are the perfect ground cover, and you can even add spots of color by including flowering shrubs and bushes. They also work as cover for the foundation of your home, too.
- Evergreen trees don’t shed, so you don’t have mounds of leaves to rake, bag up, and remove from your lawn or convert into mulch every year.
- If you are looking for natural and sustainable ideas, landscaping with evergreens is the perfect way to create a living fence to enclose your property. They can also be used to create unique and natural borders for patios, pool areas, or barbecue pits.
Check out Rosehill’s plant guide for tips and information on how to care for the plants that make up your home’s landscape.
You can also contact our landscaping professionals here at Rosehill Gardens, and let us turn your lawn into a visually stunning centerpiece for your property.